Some days I feel nostalgia for things I’ve never had. For example, a pen pal in second grade who keeps up the charade of old-school blind friendship for more than ONE flashcard-sized letter. This is coming from a girl who gets overly excited by getting an email from a real human because my ratio of those to casting notices and newsletters is super underwhelming.
Hence, I’ve been largely hanging out in the physical world with the notable exception of online poker because no one is perfect except for my dog, and even she poops on the side of the house sometimes because it brings her great joy.
Here is a short list of what I have been up to:
- Started to run a comedic variety show where I have made a lot of inspiring friends
- Gave up all variations of soda for 8-months, didn’t lose any weight
- Booked a national commercial and several pilots
- Rented a house in the city (with roommates) that bled my finances dry
- Got really into tap dancing
- Moved to my parent’s house
- Ran into Ricky Gervais on my way to a commercial audition, got really jazzed about it. Pulled a butt muscle during the audition, played it off real cool.
- Hollywood is glamorous, y’all
So now I am back in the valley, charming everyone with my valley accent, and working to get myself back on my $$ feet because I am not sure how possible it is to be in your 20s and not work in tech and have a savings account.